Sunday, October 16, 2011

Plans, Movies and Mustaches.


I am big on making plans. Probably one of my favorite things to do. Whatever the situation is, I have got to plan. Shopping? Plan. Friends day out? Plan. Exams timetable? Plan. Decorating my boring old cupboard? Plan. I even used to have wee little colorful notebooks for jotting down my not-so-spontaneous plans, am I glad I am over those! Anyway mostly at the end of the day I feel kind of let down because things never go as you plan. My imagination has never heard of misfortunes, or if it has it tends to forget, but in reality they are bound to happen now and then. Also, I am super-lazy ass person. After spending like 13 hours on an awesome daydream, I do nothing. I get bored. So I have decided no more planning, for time being, at least.

Anyway.
Plans gone wrong.

Bollywood always fools me. After 'almost' every movie I see I say 'No way I am going to watch another bollywood movie. No, no, no, no'. Then a month later everyone's talking about this new movie which is like the most amazing movie ever and I just have to watch it. Sure, Bollywood has produced some great movies like Fashion, Dil chahta hai and Wake up, Sid (and of course the cheesiest Kuch kuch hota hai that I cannot help but love it) and many others so no offence.

Two months ago Zindagi na Milegi Dobara fooled me. Trailer was nice enough. The actual movie? It was a sheer wastage of time. Yes, it had some good one-liners, Hrithik Roshan looked hot (Katrina Kaif for some?) and the songs weren't too bad. Rest of it lingered for too long on how beautiful the world is (why not listen to Louise Armstrong's great song?), confront our fears and dance. They tried too hard to appear cool. I might even have actually liked it if the ending wasn't so bizarre -_- <-- JK, I wouldn't like it then either. And how on earth can you compare it with Dil chahta hai? It made an instant connection. ZNMD didn't. Okay. 

Last week, God, I wasted precious 3 hours of my fabulous life on Mausam. Some of my friends were like ooOooo, it's going to be BEST MOVIE EVER because Shahid Kapoor looked so sexy in mustache <-- IDK about that. I am not a fan of moustaches. They loved it. It was even worse than ZNMD. It is a drag. Imagine When Harry Met Sally, The Notebook and all those romantic movies that make you awww with Indian cheese masala. Sadly I didn't feel a thing. There was no chemistry between the leads, the length of the movie made me want to pull my hair out and cry, the real life incidents somehow managed to affect the main characters every single time, how unfortunate can you get? The Ferris wheel scene was the last straw. I was like What the hell. Shahid Kapoor with his numb arm suddenly turned into superhero. Rajinikanth is ashamed <-- and very mad, too. Keep your mustaches on. 

I want to babble about other awful movies like pyaar ka punchnama that potrayed the girls as monsters eating your heart and brain (you bad bad movie director! Most girls are normal, not alienated bitches) but maybe later.

Seriously I am NEVER going to watch another Bollywood movie. That's my plan

Because I Like Pretty Pictures.

Sidrah xx o(^-^)o

15 comments:

The Me. said...

I hate hrithik roshan. And i hate bollywood. Yayers. n.n

Anonymous said...

I hate bollywood too :D (Agreeing with The Me's comment above 8) )

I hate watching movies waisay tou. But I can tolerate hollywood, bollywood is a big no no!

kim said...

Shahid Kapoor Hot Body and Incredible Cool Pics 2011 Unveiled

Read more: http://www.snaps.currentblips.com/2011/10/shahid-kapoor-hot-body-and-incredible.html#ixzz1azdx0QbV

Sidrah said...

lol, thank you, Kim

Aleeza said...

LOL. your totes like my sis--she keeps promising to NEVER see a bollywood movie again and then, of course, she does, and laments over how much time she wasted.

but me? i have up on bollywood AGES ago! i used to be CRAZY about it--2007 was such an awesome year for bollywood movies, and i was obsessed. but then it just went downhill. how sad... they just make good trailer and the movies? BLEH.

Paras said...

i loooove your new resolution, but i wish you'd made it a bit earlier *wink wink* i made this decision two, no wait, 4 no, no wait may be some 7 years ago when i had watched kabhi khushi kabhi ghum, or i dont know how old that is. however old that stupid movie is, i made my resolution that day...
may be we can just sit together some day and b*tc* about these lame movies :p
seeya

Furree Katt said...

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE MAUSAM BIT. it was a huuuge waste of time. ugh. THE FERRIS WHEEL PART AHAHAHA!
and ZNMD was good in some parts, but a bit over the top and unrealistic. Hrithik Roshan, albeit being a good actor, came across as quite annoying in the movie.

oh oh oh, do yourself a favour and don't watch Bodyguard. or watch it only if you have any suicidal inclinations, it'll give you the final push. :P

i'm not ready to give up on Bollywood yet! i think the fate of Bollywood's presence in my destiny will rely on my opinion of Ra.One after i watch it. :O

PurpleMist. said...

LOL.
I love kuch kuch hota hai! :D
And yes I agree, bollywood movies are overrated.
I actually like ZNMD though some parts were exaggerated. Do you like 3 idiots? And Jab We Met? Those two are my favourites :)

S. said...

I am Team Hollywood =p umm and I <3 the panda! aww. I can't say much here as I don't watch Indian crap =p except 3 idiots , taray zameen par, mai huu na, kal houna hou etc (which i luved).

Unknown said...

I agree with on every thing "except" "pyar ka punchnaama" was a superb movie ... for the very first time a movie showed the other (ugly) side of picture from guy's side. other wise in every movie the guy is shown as the bad and zalim and heartless one.. thats totally unfair. :)

and I really like your blog theme :)


P.S: did u like Wakeup Sid .. bcz of your name ? :D


P.S.

Rida said...

I guess that since I'm Indian, I have this genetic love of Bollywood. But yeah, I agree with Furree Katt- don't watch Bodyguard unless you want all your brain cells to rot.

Ra One, though, was pretty okay. Just sayin' :)

Hey, come on, Shahid Kapoor is CUTE. I'd watch anything of his. (But not necessarily like it.)

Don't give up on Bollywood! We're evolving, promise! I think.

PurpleMist. said...

Sidrahhhhh.
You need to post more!

Dark Circles Under Eyes said...

Thanks for a wonderful share. Good to know this kind of information. Hope you share more updates.

Aliza Khan said...

hahahahahaha everytym i paln anything, things go horribly wrong :/ so i've made a habbit of not planning anything :p


btw I hateeeeeeeeeeeee bollywood movies too :p

Aliza Khan said...

hahahahahaha everytym i paln anything, things go horribly wrong :/ so i've made a habbit of not planning anything :p


btw I hateeeeeeeeeeeee bollywood movies too :p